Delivering Relevant Staff Development: In an ideal world, teachers arrive at staff training sessions well rested, eager to learn, with easy access to the resources they'll need to implement what they learn. Of course, schools are rarely ideal places. So, how do you, a K-12 in-service staff developer, university faculty or administrator, provide relevant staff development in the real world? Our mission is to attempt to offer you advice on how you can make your training sessions both relevant and effective for your faculty.
Some of the basic tips for a successful professional development course are:
- Give participants an opportunity to show their concerns early enough
- Refine your message and give as many good ideas as possible in the allocated time
- "Edutain" with caution!
- Share successes using relevant ideas/ topics
- Stick to time frame
- Get hands-on
- Show respect and appreciation to all participants
- Involve all participants
We offer a wide range of focused training workshops and programs to administrators, staff, faculty members and teachers. Here is a detailed list of teacher training topics that could be offered at your own or your own institution's convenience.
- Multiple Intelligences* - Using MI to make classes more interactive & interesting
- Learning Styles - Understanding Learning styles and how we can maximize learning using this understanding
- Thinking Skills - What are they and how we can use them inculcate them through our classroom
- Active Learning * - Methodologies to make teaching more interactive, involving & more meaningful
- Cooperative Learning - How to get the get best out of peer to peer interactions and to multiply learning using groups
- Organizing Learning -What to use where - to enable effective understanding and recall.
- If they're laughing-they're learning - Effective strategies towards Using humor in classroom
- Understanding and working with Higher order thinking skills
- Developing and using Creativity in learning
- Making Mathematics more meaningful
- Brain based learning & Study Skills
- Using Story telling / doing in learning
- Understanding Activity Design
- Using Experiential and Integrated design
- ICT integration in the classroom
- Free e-learning resources and platforms for teachers and learners
- Course/ Language management systems development
- Instructional design and course development
- e-monitoring and e-assessment systems
- Authorware development
- Mobile learning (m-learning) integration
- Multimedia and video production and editing
- Blackboard/ Moodle setup and management
- MS-Office and PowerPoint Presentation
- Communication technologies and strategies
- Cooperation - Effective Methods to solicit cooperation from children in the classroom
- Disciplining in the classroom - Alternative to punishment that work
- Communicating to motivate learners: Bring the best out of students by simple changes in our communication
- Circle Time - using group dynamics for learning
- Creating stimulating yet enjoyable physical, Mental and Emotional environment in the classroom
This text should be red!
Subject Specific Workshops
- Spellings - Strategies to enable children to learn write and remember spellings correctly
- Science is looking, doing, concluding. Experience science all around you through activity based workshop.
- Language Development – the natural way – Joy of knowing and using a language is the key to learning the language.
- Make Maths a pleasure to teach and exciting to learn - Activities that connect Maths to real life.
- Unravel the Mystery of History - If History is exciting is what you want the children to say, this workshops shows you simple but extremely effective way to make history fun.
- Geography is all around us - A workshop which shows teachers how geography is best learned through events, landmarks and experiences all around us.
- Discovering one’s potential as a teacher
- Developing effective Facilitating Skills
- Conducting Effective Sessions
- Developing and Adding MY creativity to my teaching
- Developing communication skills that make teachers more effective
- Frameworks of my mind - helping me relax, enjoy and give the best to children.
- Becoming the favorite teacher of children
- Some workshops are designed differently for different age groups.
- The above list is only an indicative list, workshops can be conducted to meet specific needs of your school.
- The duration of a one-session workshop is typically 3 hours – but can be dependent on topic and can be customised to your school's needs.
- The Fee for the above workshops would depend upon the topic, duration of workshop and the number of teachers. (In general, our fees is US$200/- per hour for a group of 20-30 teachers.) Kindly add to this conveyance & transport & stay charges as applicable. Also add a service tax of 12.3%.
- Handouts will be provided to all participants
Additional Training resources:
- UNICEF for Teachers
- UNESCO Education
- UNESCO Resources and Technologies
- UNESCO ICT integration topics
- Innovative Teacher Training Modules (Ministry of HR Development, India)
- Suggested topics
- More topics